- Always keep your candles in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Before each burn, trim your wick. This will not only help to prevent black smoke from appearing on the glass, but also promote an even burn and a steady flame. However, sooting can appear with candles that have burned longer than the 3-4 hour recommendation.
- Keep the candle wax free of wick trims, matches or other debris at all times. Never leave a burning candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, or other flammable material.
- Most people don’t have a candle snuffer so try dipping the wick into melted wax and then straighten the wick to prevent smoking.
- When lighting the candle for the first time, allow your candle to burn until the wax pool reaches the glass. This is really important and an absolute must on the first burn because wax has a ‘memory’ - the size of the wax pool on the initial burn is largely the size of the wax pool from that point on.This also prevents tunneling and allows the candle to create an even burn for the life of the candle. It may take 3-4 hours to achieve a full wax pool.
- Trimming candle wicks is important! By trimming a candle wick to ¼” before each burn, you will get the optimal burn time over the life of your candle. The trimming of the wick not only helps with burn time, but it also ensures you don’t get any residue or soot from your wick. Wicks that are left untrimmed can be messy, they can produce a smoky effect, and will burn faster.
- Never leave a candle unattended; and always keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep your candle out of drafts so that you increase burn time, prevent uneven burning, smoking, diminished scent throw and accidental fire.
- To maximize scent throw, keep the candle in an enclosed area with no open windows or doors for 30 minutes before entering. Likewise, don’t burn too many candles in small room or in a tight home where the space is not well ventilated.
- Avoid placing your candle where they will be exposed to direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting. Candles may fade if they are left in a bright light for an extended period of time.
- Allow the candle to cool completely before handling. Extinguish your candle before leaving home or going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle all the way down once the wick tab can be seen. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container. Failure to extinguish the flame can be dangerous resulting in shattered glass from overheated container.
- Replace the cap to your candle after it’s cooled from a burn to help keep the cold throw and keep dust from collecting on the top of your candle. Dust can be a fire hazard.
- Ensure you remove any plastic packaging from wax melts before use. If using a small oil burner -only use 1 wax melt at a time. Otherwise I recommend using 2 wax melts at a time.
- Wax melts contain dye so avoid contact with fabrics as melted wax may cause staining.
- Ensure wax melts are stored in a safe place away from children as they may smell or look like sweet and the should not be eaten.
- Wax melts will eventually lose its scent and then the wax melt should be discarded. However, do not pour melted wax into drain.
- Place your burner out of reach of children and pets.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about candle care and safety, we will do our best to assist you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!